Lena M. Martinez
I came across a wonderful article today about Recycled Cardboard Playhouses at Green Your Decor
colored playhouse
image from the article itself at Green Your Decor

It reminded me of an idea I’ve had for many months to build exactly that. I thought about that one day when Nico was playing with an empty cardboard box. He had undone both ends and was using it as a tunnel, having the time of his life. That’s when it dawned on me. I’d build a house out of cardboard boxes for him (I have a ton in storage in our basement from when we moved). I never got to making it happen though. Shame on me. :/

Anyway, I LOVE finding inspiration like this, unexpectedly. Must be my creative designer alter ego. ;) Lets see when I actually have some time to follow through with this project. I know it’ll be super fun making it, I’ve always loved arts and crafts projects, and I know Nico will really LOVE it. Like. A lot. In time, Victoria will too. 

I’ve officially added this project to the million others on my Projects list.
===
Have I ever told you I LOVE projects!? Well, I do. Always have. Ever since I can remember back to the 4th grade. The problem, now that I’m older, is that I find myself starting a bunch of them but never finishing them. The excuse: lack of time. You know, with 2 kids and such, I’m lucky I have gotten a shower daily. So far.  Also… I’ve realized I’m SO scattered in my thoughts, in recent times. I’m just all over the place in my head. Juggling a million things, doing one thing now and thinking about a million others I have to (or want to) do at the same time.

Just last night, for example, I was folding laundry that was in the dryer. Suddenly I stopped to go hang something, only to remember I needed to sort the mail and throw the junk in the recycling bin before I had to put out the recycle and garbage bins on the curb for morning pick up. Oh, that’s about the time I remembered I needed to go to the post office to check the Association’s PO Box. At 11:30 pm. Yeah weird, I know. But it was the only time I could go without having to drag two kids under 3.

Somewhere in that crazy timeframe, I realized I was all scattered in my thoughts. I found that neither of the things I had started doing had been completed. I had to finish folding the laundry, so I could put the wet stuff in the washer to dry (I forgot to mention that earlier), and then finish sorting the mail, throw the junk in the recycle bin, and place the recycle and garbage bins on the curb. Oof! I was tired just thinking about all that.

So… a special thanks to the Mommyhood, and Momnesia, for making this Mama a little crazier everyday. :) Now, where that glass of wine I need? Sigh.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails