Lena M. Martinez

I have lost SO much hair, I’m seriously on the verge of baldness. I’d like to thank my selfish and temperamental hormones who have taken over my entire system and made a party with it. In case you didn’t read the sarcasm in every bit of that, please, re-read.

 

With my first pregnancy, I started losing hair towards the end of the first trimester and that went on for probably a month or two. By the end of that pregnancy, to my amazement, my hair looked unbelievable awesome. Then came the feared 3rd month post-pregnancy. Like an unexpected earthquake, it all began to fall out once again. For the life of me, I can’t remember how long it fell for, but it sopped. Eventually.

 

Now with baby #2, oddly I lost no hair during pregnancy. But, I didn’t think it looked as great as during my first pregnancy. That aside, I gained much less weight with this pregnancy, only 27 lbs! With Nico, I gained 34 lbs. So maybe it’s a give and take kinda thing. Can’t have your cake and eat it too, I guess.

 

Oh, but again that dreaded 3rd month post-pregnancy came. And it came with a BIG BAMM! My hair started falling out like never before. And now at 5 months post delivery, it still is, and in masses. At least it seems that way. I’ve never had tons of hair, and it’s thin and oily. But I guess this time around the cocktail of events contributing to my hair loss is that much greater than the first time around. Try this for a drink, and it’ll make anyone lose more than just hair.

 

Hair Loss Cocktail

Ingredients (sizes are marked within {} )

{Tons} Naturally oily scalp

{Even more} 3rd month+ hormonal wackiness

{Torture with} Can’t drink milk or milk products (so I’m probably not getting enough calcium --- Idk if it even has any relation)

{The more the merrier} STRESS of a 2 yr old toddler

{More than with the toddler} STRESS of 5 mth old baby (make sure it is overly needy, teething, has what I call ‘mommy-itis’, is SUPER demanding, wants to be held 90% of the time, etc.)

{Upsetting, but I don’t really care most days} STRESS of having a dirty house (hint: I need a freakin’ maid!)

{Simply brutal, makes me wanna cry sometimes} Not having time for ANYTHING! Repeat: No. Time. For. Anything. How I write these blogs, you ask? Don’t. ;P

 

Try that for a drink and we’re talking very serious hangover. ;)

0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails