Lena M. Martinez

Today, I talked to a mom who came by the house with her kids selling their annual boy scout popcorn. Every year I’ve said no. Of course that comes with a bit of remorse since I believe in good causes and in helping others. Yet, her poor kid never really cares, but nevertheless there’s always a bit of awkwardness.  I can be really stingy when it comes to solicitations, and frankly have even thought of putting up a sign on my door to avoid such situations. I mean, can you imagine giving in to… Every. Single. One? Sigh...  But, I gave in, just this once. I couldn’t say no this year, I was weak. Blame it on the hormones, my falling hair, or the excessive amount of explosive diapers I changed today. Whatever. I’m $18 bucks down (Julio dislikes), and a bag of nuts and caramel popcorn richer (ah! Julio likes). Wait, is it just one bag or two? Damn, I have no clue. Momnesia! We’ll have to wait and see when it’s delivered in November...

 

In the short time we spent sealing the deal, somehow we got to talking about fb. (Facebook, for those of you mainstream-impaired, lol). This lady admitted she does not do fb. \o/ I was in utter shock. I mean, really?! My in-laws have fb, and they're in their 70s! When I asked her why, she candidly responded, "I don't have time". My response: "Lady, nobody does!" LOL! :D

Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails